Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thank God for good swimmers

I like to watch the little army of Mexicans (or Guatemalans, or Ecuadoreans, or whatever third-world country they're from) that do my yard every month. It's like watching a bunch of ants or something. They're all like 4 feet tall, and each one of them has a unique role. It's awesome. And cheap. I hope none of them ever gets deported. If I dedicated an entire day to doing my yard, even if I had the right tools (which I don't), my yard wouldn't look half as good as it does when this crew gets done with it.

Same at the car wash.

I don't buy the bullshitty argument that these folks are taking American jobs. Name me an American that wants to do either of the above mentioned jobs in July for what I'm willing to pay them. If you succeed in naming someone, pass this message on to them: If your job is endangered by illiterate peasants who are here illegally and don't speak English, perhaps you should reconsider your choice of job markets.

No comments: