Monday, November 19, 2007

Youth is wasted on the young.

I just got back from a birthday party at Peter Piper Pizza. They serve beer there. Genius . . . sheer genius to serve beer at a place full of screaming children. I was through a pitcher before the Spider Man cake came out. I also won 240 redemption tickets from a machine that I swear was made to entertain mongoloids. With the same number of tokens, my friend Ray got like 15 tickets from playing skee ball, so I got the last laugh there. Unfortunately, you can't redeem the tickets for beer. So we got his 18 month-old daughter -- my goddaughter -- a stuffed soccer ball, because I was pretty sure all the other toys either contained lead-based paint or were laced with roofies.

2 comments:

Andi said...

You managed to work in the Aqua Dots after all! And in a much smoother, subtler and wittier way. I tip my hat to you, Jack Gordon. :-P

Jamm-o-rama said...

Ha! Beer at the Kid's pizza joint is a thing of the past where I am from. Apperently some dude had a few too many and got into a wreck with his kiddo's in the car. He had to go an ruin it for the rest of us dang it!