Thursday, January 3, 2008

Making it GR8 in 2008

I'm back folks. Stay tuned . . . it's great to be alive this year, isn't it?

About as good an inaugural New Year's post as any is a response to Andi's tag daring me to list 5 random and/or weird things about myself. The Rules:
  1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
  2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
  3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
  4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Well, I can do the first two, but I leave an open-ended 3. and 4. for my readers, and without further ado . . . .

  1. I am an only child, and always wanted a little sister. Accordingly, I hope that if I ever have children my firstborn will be a girl.
  2. At my high-school graduation, I received a plaque in recognition of my twelve years of perfect attendance.
  3. For the better part of a week back in 1996 I practiced my penmanship obsessively and compulsively so that I could write a pretty love letter to a girl that I had a crush on. Consequently, I still have pretty good handwriting. The girl, however, broke my heart.
  4. I plagiarized the core of that letter from a passage I had read in Octavio Paz's Labyrinth of Solitude, and I have never admitted that to anyone until right this moment.
  5. I've always had a knack for remembering small details and especially dates, and as a result people often think that I'm smarter than I actually am. Also, folks confuse that ability with me actually caring. For instance, when I e-mail old acquaintances from college to wish them a happy birthday.

Anyway, I don't know if that shed any further light on Jack Gordon, but I do tip my hat to Andi for thinking of me on the meme.

4 comments:

Andi said...

Jack, I'm so glad you took the dare! Your random facts have, indeed, shed further light on Jack Gordon.

Not only do you have way too much fun (what with all the drinking, smoking and screwing), you also have a beautiful soul.

Jack Gordon said...

Andi, I am blushing.

bonnie said...

Oh Jack, I think I LIKE you. I hope you have a girl. Daughters are awesome. I know I would think you are smart. My husband has a trapper mind for vacuous trivia. I wish I remembered birthdays. I don't particularly care either, but I feel terrible for forgetting. I have all my birthday cards purchased for the year, addressed, etc. and I forget to send them. I'd like to borrow you.
I'm the other taggee from Andi.

Jack Gordon said...

Bonnie, I've checked out your blog a few times from Andi's place. Thanks for your kind words as well.