Monday, February 4, 2008

Back in Black

Well, it’s back to the grind. I wish I had a truly good adventure story to tell y’all, but nothing really emerged. Had a good time, and time spent with friends is always awesome, but not necessarily blog-worthy. Not even a great miss to report. Three thoughts from the weekend:
  • Sometimes if you want to have a good time, you have to spend money. If you’re not going to do something right, you might as well stay home. I should have slung the shekel and gone to one of the “good” parties in Scottsdale (ranging from $100-$400) on Saturday night, rather than the $40 block party that turned out to be the ghetto/overflow party.
  • Alka-Seltzer is a surprisingly effective hangover remedy. It tastes like carbonated saltwater, but it had me feeling like a million bucks unlike most “remedies” out there.
  • People watching never gets old if you’re in a target-rich environment.

2 comments:

bonnie said...

So you went to Phoenix for a GOLF tournament? Okay. I'm going in March. Spring break time so I can take my girl. We like the heat so I hope it warms up. The Poenecian is where Steve got stung by all those bees and broke his femur playing golf. He's always been a panic case around bees so they love him. What is your all time favorite place to eat/drink in Phoenix/Scottsdale? I think we're staying in Scottsdale/

Jack Gordon said...

You travel to all the sexy places -- Barcelona? Phoenix? I'm pretty limited in my knowledge of the place, but I can't imagine any place beating Elements, at the Sanctuary resort, as far as eat/drink/ambiance goes.