Friday, May 9, 2008

Bender lite

It turns out that I got drunk every night this week. I've been a good citizen and made it to work with minimal hangover, but it doesn't change the fact that I've woken up on my couch fully clothed at around 4:00 a.m. for four mornings straight and had to shuffle into my bedroom. The only real downside I've noted is that I keep forgetting to eat dinner. Bar appetizers hardly qualify as sustenance, and I think the celery that comes with buffalo wings actually has negative calories, so malnourishment is my main concern. As far as benders go, this really doesn't qualify as one, I know, but I sure am hungry this morning.

4 comments:

Andi said...

I love that you tagged this "Healthy Living." I worry about you, Jack.

bonnie said...

You okay buddy? I drink every night but the worst that happens to me is I don't bother to wash my face. You seem sad about something. What's up? You can email me.

Jack Gordon said...

Ladies, thanks for the concern. It's not as crazy as it sounds -- I guess I should have mentioned that I wasn't drinking alone during any of this, and was actually being quite social. I need to get more into the blogging swing so that you guys hear the details of the adventures rather than just the aftermath posts.

bonnie said...

Yea, buster, I want more than your leftovers. What's wrong with drinking alone? I'll bet you woke up in your clothes alone. Details!!!!