Thursday, August 23, 2007

Out of curiosity

You know that song Me and Julio Down by the School Yard by Paul Simon? What exactly was "against the law" in it? Clearly unclear, but I remember it was playing in the background the time that I talked with the Head Shop Girl (who never responded to my call/texts by the way), and she was adamant that it was about an interracial relationship, and I was convinced it was about two gay guys. She didn't bite when I suggested it might be about a homosexual interracial relationship. As an aside, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes do a decent punk cover of the song.

2 comments:

Kewljen said...

I am not sure what is against the law, but there seems to be a lot of controversy out there about it. I read things from Marijuana, race, homosexuality, to political (Daniel Elsberg and the Pentagon Papers). I guess we would have to ask Paul Simon. :)

Unconscious said...

I didn't do any research, but I would only assume that some one has asked him. As in the controversy over Lucy in the Sky with Dimonds...